Day two - private beach and stunning views

Today I drove to Kimilia beach near Fiskardo and did Assos and Myrtos Beach on the same trip. For the first I must say that it was too much. Driving to Fiskardo took an hour and a half without any stop. The coastal road from Drakata to Assos was closed at the moment and the traffic went via Patrikata over the mountain.
It was easy to find to Kimilia Beach, there was a sign by the main road. You have to walk about one kilometer, which is down hill and demands good shoes. And it's good to remember that it will be uphill when you come back so don't swim and sun bathe too much, you'll have to be able to do the hiking back to the car. 😀😀
The beach itself is very small and bebbled. But it's perfect for snorkeling and swimming. I spent about an hour there just me, myself and I. It was great. It wasn't really crowded at any point but there were some people coming and going, mostly hikers from Fiskardo. After busy beaches in Lassi I really enjoyed Kimilia. I had been there by boat once before and always wanted to go back.
On my way back I had lunch in Assos, chicken souvlaki with the best Tsatsiki ever. Driving uphill I had to stop a couple of times for some fotos.


I went for a dip in Myrtos beach just to cool myself after a swetty drive ( not only because of the heat but also for the excitement. I come from a flat country and I'm not used to driving in the mountains. I couldn't have let anyone else drive and just sit on the front seat... but I must say that the views were stunning. ) There were also a lot of goats on the road but usually they run away when a car is coming. In one village there were a horse, a donkey and a chicken on the road as well... and a cat sleeping in the middle of the street... 😁
Myrtos was beautiful, as ever.

I also met some funny goats near the beach...

It was a very long day and when I came back to the hotel, I was too tired to go for dinner so I wouldn't recommend this for a day trip... but I enjoyed it anyway.


Kommentit

Suositut tekstit